Reliability Based Spare Parts and Materials Management Implementation
Implementation support in Reliability Based Spare Parts and Materials Management builds on the idea that IDCON will transfer knowledge and work procedures to your employees as accurately and quickly as possible. IDCON can coach your team in how to have the right parts, at the right quality and quantity on hand.
In our projects, we have extracted best practices in spare parts and material management and collected pertinent information to improve implementation speed and quality. For example, we have created business processes for purchasing related to maintenance storeroom, receiving in maintenance storeroom, Bill of Materials, Economic Order Quantities (EOQ), and much more. We have also designed a process for defining roles and responsibilities for each employee involved in the maintenance storeroom.
Our consultants will be able to lead your improvement process by using his/her experience together with experience from successful projects in the past. A typical Reliability Based Spare Parts and Materials Management Project by IDCON may include:
- A Reliability Based Spare Parts and Materials Management assessment
- Jointly generate an implementation plan
- Set up Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for spare parts management
- Create a decision model for what spare parts to keep on hand how many
- Coach the maintenance - storeroom partnership
- Help design work processes for repairable spares
- Coach the improvement of Inventory Record Accuracy (right item, right quantity and right labels)
- Setting up spare parts delivery system
- Help implement reservation of parts for future jobs
- Coach maintenance in lead-time development for stores through planning and scheduling
- Develop staging areas for parts
Spare Parts Management and an organized maintenance storeroom is one of the key processes which support effective maintenance planning and scheduling and equipment reliability improvement.
Improved materials management and spare parts management will free up time for maintenance planners, maintenance supervisors, and hourly maintenance personnel. It is not unusual to see an average of 20-30% of maintenance crafts people’s time to be used for finding parts and material.
In a typical established plant, applying the techniques learned from this seminar can produce these results:
- Reduce Maintenance Planner's work load by up to 50%
- Reduce inventory-replenishment purchase orders by up to 60%
- Reduce manually-prepared direct purchase requisitions by up to 80%
- Reduce maintenance Storeroom inventories by 30%, while increasing reliability
- Provide new measures for tracking plant reliability
Learn more from our Reliability-focused Spare Parts & Materials Management Book
Consider our Reliability Based Spare Parts Management Training