History of IDCON
Since its founding in 1972, IDCON and its people have helped all types of industry, all across the globe. IDCON has continually broken new ground in advising and helping our clients implement our Results Oriented Reliability and Maintenance (RORM) philosophy.
Due to the common sense approach, our philosophy consistently wins the approval and support of crafts people, operators, unions, and all layers of management, from operations to maintenance and engineering.
- 2016IDCON expands with local partners in Asia and Germany. IDCON launches new Shutdown Optimization course.
- 2015IDCON is recognized by the Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP) as an approved provider of continuing education and training aligned with key subject areas related to reliability and physical asset management.
- 2014IDCON launches new Root Cause Problem Elimination training course to include hands-on forensics complementing the RCPE work process. IDCON adds new hands-on SAP supporting service.
- 2013IDCON expands into Australia and Russian with local partners. IDCON breaks 50 and works in it’s 51st country, Sierra Leone with African Minerals.
- 2012IDCON expands into Finland, Italy and Scandinavia with local partners. IDCON moves to a new and larger office at 8081 Arco Corporate Drive in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- 2011IDCON is double in size compared to 2010. IDCON hires key consultants for quality consulting and development of IDCON training and consulting material.
- 2010IDCON celebrates 25 years in the USA and we work through the economic downturn with a strong presence in the mining industry including Kazakhmys, Arch Coal, Sydvaranger mining and Xtrata
- 2009IDCON Release CMS volume 4. Tor Idhammar is appointed President of IDCON, Inc.
- 2008IDCON’s client base is very diversified. Oil & Gas, Mining, Food, Chemical, and Steel industry projects are coming in on a continual basis.
- 2007IDCON rewrites our Maintenance Planning and Scheduling book & releases the electronic version of condition monitoring standards 1-3
- 2006IDCON rewrite and redesign most of the books. IDCON also releases “Reliability Focused Spare Parts and Materials Management” book
- 2005IDCON celebrate 20 years in business in the USA. IDCON client base show the largest diversity in industries. See client base
- 2004Tor Idhammar is appointed Partner & Vice President of IDCON, INC.
- 2002Christer Idhammar, President of IDCON, INC was selected by 19 European National Maintenance Societies and receives the EUROMAINTENANCE 2002 incentive award for his international dedication and outstanding achievements in the field of condition monitoring and reliability and maintenance management.
- 2001IDCON, INC is recognized as the “Most Preferred Reliability and Maintenance Consultant Company” by a major industrial magazine study 2001. The same award was granted to IDCON in 2002.
- 1997Torbjörn Idhammar, maintenance consultant, joins IDCON, INC as second generation Idhammar.
- 1993First editions of the books “Maintenance Planning and Scheduling”, “Preventive Maintenance Essential Care and Condition Monitoring” and “Results Oriented Reliability and Maintenance ” are published.
- 1990The SIMA Reliability and Maintenance database and auditing process is established.
- 1987The first annual Pulp and Paper Reliability and Maintenance Conference and Exhibit is organized by IDCON, INC and Miller Freeman. This event is still held annually with the next being the 25th Annual in September 2013. It has been held in the USA, Canada and Europe.
- 1986First Reliability and Maintenance Management Benchmark expedition to Europe. This expedition has been followed by nine more expeditions with international attendees from all continents.
- 1985Christer Idhammar established IDCON, INC a maintenance consultant firm in Raleigh NC USA.
- 1984First Maintenance Exhibit and Conference “Underhall 84) is initiated by Idhammar Konsult AB (maintenance consultants). 26,000 visitors were in attendance as well as 1,600 conference attendees.
- 1983Idhammar Maintenance Center, IMC AB is incorporated to provide total and mobile solutions for maintenance in third world countries. Joint venture with ABB, ESAB, Luna, Project Hydraulics, SKF, Metalock and AGA Thermovision.
- 1981First Maintenance Centers established in India and later in Jamaica, and Tanzania. First assignments in China. Computerized maintenance management systems delivered and implemented for clients in United Kingdom – Whisky Distillery and bottling plant – and Pulp and Paper Mill in Australia. Separated consulting from software business and established a separate company for computerized maintenance management system development and sales – IST AB.
- 1979Developed a computer micro system for ship maintenance management. CIMAR AB is established jointly with the City Shipyard in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 1977First online mini-computer system for maintenance management is in operation. We receive our first international UN assignments in Tanzania.
- 1974First assignment in North America. Implementation of maintenance management systems on board four passenger ships in Canada.
- 1973First computerized preventive maintenance system implemented in two pulp and paper mills and a car manufacturing plant. The first two books in Preventive Maintenance are published.
- 1972Idhammar Konsult AB is incorporated in Sweden by Borje and Christer Idhammar and four other partners. Major clients within the first year included shipping companies, car manufacturing and pulp and paper industries.
Get Free Weekly Reliability & Maintenance Tips
Want weekly Reliability & Maintenance Tips?
Best practices. Common sense. Pratical tips.
All designed to help you and your team keep your plant running