With IDCON’s Shutdown Optimization Program, shutdown (SD) best practices are reviewed to safely reduce shutdown duration and costs.
Here are some best practices for you to consider:
- All utilities requirements for Shut Down (SD) and Start Up (SU) calculated and defined (flare, blow down, steam boiler, plant air (compressors), water, nitrogen, etc.)
- Tag isolation valves that will be exercised at the SD – grease valves
- Develop a detailed SD and SU schedule defining when mechanical resources are required (i.e. handover, hand-back, blinding, etc.)
- Function tests completed prior to SU – including emergency block valves, emergency SD devices, control valves, heat exchangers.
- Prepare flange make-up and torqueing procedures & provide training
- Blind and job locations tagged in the field with weatherproof tagging